Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten - Round 2

As some of you know, we made the decision to have Cole repeat kindergarten.  Red skirting (which is starting a child in school a year late) is becoming more popular, to give kids and academic edge, but beyond that, we felt like Cole could really benefit from another year.  The good news is, I was probably the only mom in kindergarten not sobbing this morning.  The bad news is, Cole finally realized today that many of his friends aren't in his class anymore.  Even though this is something we'd discussed with him ever since making our decision, I don't think the concept fully hit him until today.  However, he did make some new friends (and is excited to learn their names).

My "bad mommy" moment came, though, when I realized I had forgotten to write his name on his supplies.  Yeah, I forgot to do it last year, too.  Maybe we'll both benefit from this second go 'round!  But, I must admit, as prepared as I was to send that big guy into the world today, I was kind of sad and bored without him here with me.  But, alas, our days will fill up with class parties, baking for school events, organizing fundraisers, socializing with the other parents and not to mention my own classes, so the boredom will pass as the year kicks in to full swing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles, blogs like this.
    www.couponzatak.com/store/snapdeal/

    ReplyDelete